These are some of the resources we use to teach the topic “La casa”. Bear in mind we are looking for key words understanding. We not are looking for children and parents to understand all the words in a song, short movie, story.
We know it is really tempting to translate the words, sometimes this is ok! and necessary but you won’t need to translate when you have a picture, you are doing the actions etc.
- Learn the vocabulary using the Pictionary Dictionary in Rockalingua.com
- Learn to identify la casa/ la casita (the house or little house), la chimenea (the chimney), el humo (the smoke), zapatos (the shoes) find the whole song & lyrics here or our playlist or on a You Tube video:
- I have a little house song – canción: Yo tengo una casita
- Acciones la casa – Actions the house
- Listen & say … ¿Dónde está? (where is it?)
- Make crafts to remember/ recycle The house vocabulary
- Watch and repeat the sentences.
¿dónde lo encontramos? – where can we find it?
Lo encontramos en la cocina – We find it in the kitchen
- Watch The 3 little pigs story “Los tres cerditos”