Speak Spanish Language Institute – OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR COVID-19 ALERT LEVEL 2
These operating procedures apply during Covid-19 Alert Level 2. They are based on Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education advice as at 7th May 2020. They are automatically superseded should Ministry of Health or Ministry of Education advice change to require greater restrictions. Should their advice become less stringent these operating procedures shall be reviewed and amended as appropriate.
The purpose of this document is to ensure that the centre operates as safely as possible during Alert
It is important that students and staff are both protected from infection and prevented from spreading infection. It is also important for Speak Spanish Language Institute to support our local community. These operating procedures are intended both to ensure that our institute is safe and to give everyone in our community confidence that we are as safe as we can be.
The two key public health principles that support Alert Level two are:
- first to minimise the risk that someone gets infected in the first place, and
- second to limit the number of possible contacts people have if they do get infected, to make it
easier to rapidly stop further spread.
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND MINISTRY OF HEALTH GUIDELINES
The overriding principle for Alert Level 2 is to focus on safe and sensible practice. The two key public health principles that support our approach at Alert Level 2 are first to minimise the risk that someone gets infected, and second to ensure we can identify and contact anyone who has been in close contact with a person, if someone is infected.
The key controls for work and workplaces are:
- ensure people who are sick or who have COVID-19 symptoms stay away;
- maintain physical distancing (students and staff must be seated and interact at a 1 metre distance from each other);
- enable good hygiene practices;
- keep track of all people that enter our institute;
- under Alert Level 2, we ask you to stay home if you are sick; we will send anyone home immediately if they show any symptoms.
HOW WILL WE KEEP YOU & US SAFE?
- Please wash your hands (or your children attending a class) before you leave home for the institute;
- Please drop off children at the front door. Please do not come upstairs; the teachers will greet children if necessary downstairs; please ask us if your child needs help to come up;
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival;
- Hand sanitiser is provided at the front entrance and around the institute. Properly washing hands with soap and water is recommended, but when this is not possible hand sanitiser shall be used:
- before touching door handles, rails, chairs;
- after touching any potentially contaminated surface;
- if contamination is suspected.
GENERAL POINTS TO NOTE
- No sharing stationery, children should bring their own set of pencil, colour pencils or markers, rubber, sharpener;
- If group work is required, distancing still applies; teachers will provide individual copies of games, for example;
- No sharing of books please;
- Classrooms will be disinfected after each class.