Happy New Year!
We hope you had a great time during your holidays. Eva and I have been in Christchurch but she is soon going to take some days off. I have been spending time with my mum – she came to visit from Argentina – and my two daughters. Both have their birthdays during the holidays so I have been busy!
2017 has started and we are ready with new courses and polished good old ones! We are ready to tackle 2017. Thanks very much for your support and we do hope you value our changes this year.
We have read and discussed your feedback from 2016 and Eva and I came to the conclusion we are extending our courses. This decision has been on our thoughts for a while and the reasons are: since we have changed to Aula Internacional 1 – Nueva Edicion the programs have been very full and some groups felt we have been rushing a little. This decision will allow all of us to dedicate a little bit more time on conversation exercises such as roleplays. We have increased our fees $30, the courses will be extended from 12hs to 15hs. All adult courses are now $225 and they are 10 weeks long. Children and teenage courses are 8 weeks as usual.
Beginners – all year
There is a new Beginners – all year round course on Saturdays 12.30 to 4.30pm. This means, you will be committing for a whole year and to start and finish book 1. That will give you the abilities to be able to have a basic level of Spanish and be able to interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
*$900 – 4 terms (Aula Internacional 1 – Nueva Edicion is included)
*$225 + $50 enrolment form on Term 1; $225 Term 2, 3 & 4 (does not include the book; the enrolment form will be reimbursed on Term 4).
It is possible to join in Term 2 if you sit a level test.
Immersion Holiday Program 16 – 20 Jan
This is our programmes for children with/ without Spanish knowledge in Jan 2017:
- Monday – 9 to 3pm – Explore Spanish language and the Hispanic culture (make a Spanish fan and sell them at the end of the day in our stall – learn to roleplay a conversation at the market; talk about Spanish speaking countries; talk about Miro and his art work and create some of your own to sell at out market)
- Tuesday – 9 to 3pm – Native NZ nature vs. Latin American nature Museum visit – learn to describe insects.
- Wednesday – 9 to 3pm – Cooking typical Hispanic food (Make empanadas– learn to roleplay a conversation at the restaurant)
- Thursday – 9 to 3pm – NZ & Hispanic history & Art Gallery visit (Typical Spanish clothes & history – make a play “Las mininas” or “La casa de Bernarda Alba” or “Little Red Riding Hood”)
- Friday – 9 to 3pm – Circus (Buskers Festival circus and organise Spanish circus and perform at the end of the day, parents welcome)Fees:
- 1 child
one day $70; 2 days $126; 3 days $189; 4 days $252; 5 days $280*
- 2 children
one day $126 ; 2 days $252; 3 days $378; 4 days $504; 5 days $560*
Conversation classes – for students who have already taken a course only
As usual we are offering conversation classes between breaks and we have 4 starting 11/ 12 Jan. Enrolments are open now and we do have space.
Conversation classes will help you to practice the structures you already know at your level: Beginners, Pre-Intermediate or Intermediate. We carefully plan classes to suit the students who are attending so please email / call me if you are interested but you are not sure if the classes are for you, I am happy to give you more details. If you have thought you need some private lessons before starting back in Term 1, consider this option!
- Conversation for Beginners: Weds 7.35 to 9.05pm starting 11 Jan (4 weeks);
- Conversation for Pre-Intermediate: Weds 6.00 to 7.30pm starting 11 Jan (4 weeks);
- Conversation for Intermediate: Thurs 7.35 to 9.05pm starting 12 Jan (4 weeks)
Workshops – 4th Feb
If you have a specific area you have to work on, come along to our 3hs workshops on 4th Feb. This are specifically for Beginners and low Pre-Intermediate students.
- Grammar workshop – with Eva Lorenzo Tejedor – 9 to 12.00pm $67.50
- Pronunciation workshop – with Laura D’Amico – 12.30 to 3.30pm $67.50
Term 1 starts Tuesday 6th Feb – at our institute & Monday 13th Feb at primary schools before & afterschool
All courses are online so please enrol now. Please remember we are increasing fees in 2017 because courses are now 10 weeks long. Thanks very much for waiting for the dates update, it took longer as we have to decide on extended courses.
PLEASE enrol NOW so we can plan accordingly. We really appreciate your help.
Hasta pronto! – Talk to you soon!
Speak Spanish – Spanish Language Institute
59 Hewitts Road
0800 ESPANOL (0800 3772665)
mob: 021 024 2 1778
Email back with the subject “Cancel Newsletter” if you do not want to receive this newsletter anymore.