Tuesdays, any day, anytime
Oct 24, 2017
Mondays, any day, anytime
Feb 5, 2018
Our Spanish Club is on Saturdays 11.00 to 1.00pm in our institute – 59 Hewitts Rd, Merivale – Rangi Ruru Girls’ School and in primary schools in Christchurch: Fendalton Open Air, Elmwood, Ladbrooks & Tai Tapu Schools. If you are interested in having Spanish taught in your school please contact us. Some schools provide a subsidy to have our class there so fees in each school varies.
Our courses are small and very personalised. We focused on speaking but children do some writing activities as well. We follow the European Reference for languages to plan our courses. Our courses are based on topics from which the children will build up their grammar, vocabulary, speaking, pronunciation, reading and writing skills in Spanish.
These courses are for native and non native speakers; fluent and beginner speakers. We know our students and their levels and we allocate students carefully. Children are challenged in a fun and relaxing learning environment.
We introduce the target language through total immersion using songs, dancing, stories, games, passive and active activities. This means children will learn Spanish in a real and relevant environment carefully planned for their developmental stage. Some topics and time of the year allow us to prepare a presentation at the end of the term. All courses will build up their abilities to perform an end of the term task which is related to the topic they have studied. This encourages children throughout the course and reinforces the contents learned.
We have a wide range of free resources on our website so children and parents are able to reinforce the target language learned at home if they wish too. Such activities include: downloading flashcards, listen to songs and videos and/or read stories. Parents can find the resources by clicking onto the topics we are teaching during the term.
Children will receive Spanish scrapbook/folder/ notebook to collect all their work at the beginning of the term and a personal certificate with comments at the end of the term.
Sessions & Fees:
- Elmwood Normal School: Mondays 3 to 4pm (beginners) – Term 3 2016 starting 15 Aug
- Beckenham School: Tuesdays 3 to 4pm (beginners) – Term 3 2016 starting 16 Aug
- Beckenham School: Tuesdays 4 to 5pm (advanced: suitable for children who can already speak Spanish) – Term 3 2016 starting 16 Aug
- Tai Tapu School: Tuesdays 1 to 2pm (lunchtime session) – Term 3 2016 starting 16 Aug
- Ladbrooks School: Tuesdays 11.45 to 12.45pm (lunchtime session) – Term 3 2016 starting 16 Aug
- Mt Pleasant School: Wednesdays 8 to 9 am (before school session) – Term 3 2016 starting 17 Aug
- Fendalton Open Air: Wednesdays 12.15 to 1pm (beginners) – Term 3 2016 starting 17 Aug
- Fendalton Open Air: Wednesdays 1.30 to 2.15pm (Level 2) – Term 3 2016 starting 17 Aug
- Fendalton Open Air: Wednesdays 2.15 to 3.00pm (beginners) – Term 3 2016 starting 17 Aug
- Lincoln Primary: Fridays 2.15 to 3.15 pm (advanced: suitable for children who can already speak Spanish) – Term 3 2016 starting 19 Aug
- Lincoln Primary: Fridays 3.30 to 4.30pm (beginners) – Term 3 2016 starting 19 Aug
- Marshland School – please register your interest by completing the enrolment form
Please state in our enrolment form your child’s name, DOB, school and previous Spanish experience. Courses in schools generally start on the second week of the term and they may be longer than 8 weeks (when you enrol, you will only be able to enrol in the first day of week 2 Term 3 2015 – please state your child’s school). IMPORTANT: Due to personal reasons we are starting later in Term 3, check starting dates above.
Extra benefits when enrolling in this course:
- 10% off to siblings enrolling in the same term* (*please enquire if we offer this discount at your school; when we have smaller groups or we have more expenses on commuting or room hire we are not able to offer this discount, sorry!)
Please note fees are required to be paid in full one week before the course commences.
All our teachers are qualified and native Spanish teachers. Please refer to Terms & Conditions before enrolling to the course.