Mondays, 7.35 to 9.05pm
9 Weeks (term 4 2017 only)
Oct 16, 2017
Important 2017: due to students’ feedback we are extended our courses to 10 weeks instead of 8. This will allow us to add more speaking practice during our courses. Please note the reason why fees are increasing from Jan 2017.
There will be only 9 classes on Term 4 2017 as there are no classes on public holidays – 23/10 Labour Day.
This course is the follow up on Beginners 3. In Pre-Intermediate 1/ conversation there is a great deal of vocabulary and phrases which you’ll need when travelling especially in unit 3 – you will learn to talk about your difficulties, talk about the past using Preterito Indefinido & talk about different dwellings and being able to rent or buy a property suited to your needs. This course will help you to brush up all the content learned in Beginners courses.
Once you finished Pre-Intermediate 1/ conversation you will be able to interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help. You will be able to start acquiring more fluency and accuracy.
It is a course designed for students who have an elementary knowledge in Spanish but have taken at least 36 hs of Spanish classes – A1/A2 beginner according to the Common European Framework of References for Languages. If this is the first course you want to enrol in, please contact us before enrolling as we need to check your level:15 minute level test. Joining this course means you have to be able to know and communicate using the structures we have taught in Beginners 1, 2 & 3.
You will learn:
- Unit 9 (book 1): to talk about the immediate past.
- Unit 1 (book 2): to talk about routines, difficulties, duration; to make suggestions; to describe feelings; to ask and answer about motivations.
- Unit 2: to retell events in the past; to talk about the start and duration of an action.
You will need the book Aula Internacional 2 plus material supplied by the teacher (we don’t provide book copies). A short test will be provided at the end of the course to evaluate your grammar, vocabulary, oral and listening abilities; you will do part of the test in your own time and send it by email to the teacher to be checked.
Extra benefits when enrolling in Pre-Intermediate 1/ Conversation:
- Registration fee is free
- Invitation to the Movie Night – every last Friday of the month – April to November;
- 10% discount on other courses and private classes you join in the same term;
- Smaller classes – no more than 10 students;
- You will be able to take the preparation for the official exam DELE A1
Please refer to Terms & Conditions before enrolling to the course.